CLOCK TOWER AND MUSEUM
At the top of the hill you can see the clocktower and that is the symbol for Poros town. It was built in 1927 and was completely restored in 2002. It can be tough to climb up there under the hot sun, but it's worth it because the view is amazing.
The Archaeological Museum was founded in the 1960s and is situated on Korizi Square. The building was constructed on a plot donated by the family Korizis. The museum displays objects unearthed on the island, after the neighboring coasts of the Peloponnese, in Methana and Troezen. Most of the finds are dated from the Mycenaean to the Roman period.
Primarily, the museum displays objects from the Temple of Poseidon in Vajonia, a collection of burial finds, ancient inscriptions and pottery from ancient Troezen in Argolida, ancient inscriptions and Hellenistic figurines from Methana and finds from the ancient ruins of Ermioni. There are also many other objects from various excavation sites in the Argolid Peloponnese.
It is open 8.30am to 3pm every day except Mondays.
Copyright © Panorama Apartments
2006 - 2023